I think every woman should have:
* Classic pumps in black and nude.
* Comfortable ballet flats. Stick to neutrals, but play with embellishments.
* A pair of flat boots, and a more feminine pair (heeled or wedges). Rain boots are always important if you live in cold, wet climates.
* A couple "fun" pairs that can elevate your outfit! Bright colors, bows, sequins, studs, glitter. They can be heels or flats, but make sure they are showstoppers.
* I live in California, so obviously I think everyone needs a pair of flip-flops and strappy sandals.
One thing I've really learned over the years: Get rid of junk! If you haven't worn something in months, give it away. Re-evaluate your wardrobe every single month, and toss anything that you don't love anymore. Keep track of what you are lacking in your closet so that you don't buy more of what you don't need. As a fashion/beauty blogger, this is one of those cases of "do as I say, not as I do"... Think streamlined!
Any tips or tricks for your closet that you'd like to share?